GENOSANTE aims at improving productive health in breeding, thanks to genomic selection and advises. This program, led by French Breeding partners, produces health proofs with the same proof process than public values, but together with a Scientific cohort for a more scientif reliability.
French breeding Partners :
- Breeding program compagnies
- Milk record compagnies
- Milk industry
Scientific cohort :
- French scientific organizations
WHAT ARE THE GENOSANTE PROOFS?
2016 : first result: KETOSIS
2017 : second result: HOOF HEALTH
WHY SELECT ON KETOSIS?
Because this trait is heritable! Livestock farmers who factor the Ketosis index into their female herdstock selection and mating programs will quickly cut down the number of ketotic cows in their herd.
Targeted selection geared for direct pay-off in farm revenues:
- Right from the first generation: 21% reduction in Ketosis cases, i.e. 1 200 € in per-annum savings for a french herd of 100 dairy cows (or 12 € savings per ketotic cow).
- Right from the second generation: 36% improvement in health, i.e. a cumulated 2 100 € in savings for a french herd of 100 dairy cows (or 21 €/dairy cows).
HEALTH HOOFS, 2 PROOFS:
= 50% Digital Dermatitis
+ 25% Interdigital Hyperplasia
+ 25% Heel horn erosion
= 40% White Line
+ 40% Sole Ulcer
+ 10% Sole Hemorrhage ircumscribed Form
+ 10% Sole haemorrhage Diffused Form
ECONOMICAL EFFECT WORKING WITH GENOSANTE HOOF HEALTH
100% bulls processing with Hoof Health evaluation: global impact :
- Average consequences of hoof health troubles : 5 775€/100 cows/year
- First generation: 10% less of lesions = +5,8€/cow/year
- Second generation: 20% less lesions = 11,5 €/cow/year